Terms and Conditions of Reservations
- The number of guests indicated on the reservation is accepted as the final number of attendees for the dinner.
- If the guest numbers change we require notification via email to [email protected]
- A reservation reminder email is sent on the morning of the reservation between 08:00 and 08:30. This is the last opportunity to change guest numbers. If notification has not been sent via email to [email protected] by 11 am of the morning of the reservation, the final number of guests will be charged as it appears on the reservation.
- Increase in guest numbers is subject to availability. If we are fully booked we will not be able to increase guest numbers.
No shows on the night of the reservation will be charged at the quoted menu price which appears on the quoted menu rate in the menu listings on our website at cubekitchen.co.za.
- NO exceptions will be made.
- Cube has two dining areas with two separate kitchens.
- Guests are seated in either of the dining rooms relative to our seating configuration on the night.
- The area guests are seated in for their reservation shows no prejudice or preference, nor can seating be pre-arranged for either venue.
- Seating is at Managements discretion.
- Both venues are equally comfortable by comparison.
Opening hours and seating arrangements
- Cube is open for dinner only Tuesday night through Saturday night.
- Dinner service begins at 18H45 and your first course is served just after arrival.
- An average meal at Cube requires a minimum of 3 hours and is not guaranteed to finish within this time frame.
- Cube allows for late arrivals until 20H00 on the night of the reservation.
- The menu allows for up to 10 tastes but guests are not required to complete the full tasting if full.
- Cube relies on a relaxed dining experience so no formal dress code is required.
- Guests are encouraged to come dressed as they feel comfortable.
- Menus are available on our website at cubekitchen.co.za under ‘Menus’ look up.
- Please view the menu relative to the reservation date on our website at cubekitchen.co.za before confirming your reservation.
- Vegetarian and Pescatarian alternatives are indicated on the menus.
- WE DO NOT CATER FOR VEGANS. This means guests who do not eat eggs, butter, cream or cheese or any animal by-products.
- Allergies of a more well known variety are catered for. These include nuts and seafood.
- Religious dietary requirements are also catered for.
- If there is an allergy of a lesser known origin, guests are required to inform us via email and we will revert if we can assist.
- Guests with a dislike for an ingredient on the menu are to mention so in the confirmation email and if the ingredient is not integral to the dish we will remove it. If the ingredient is a main component of the dish and there is no alternative listed on the menu, guests may be required to skip that course.
- If no dietary requirements or special food related requests are mentioned in the confirmation email, dishes will not be changed on service on the night of the reservation.
- For large table reservations we recommend forwarding this to all attendees so they are aware and can contact Cube directly via email on [email protected]
Gratuity is included in the quoted menu prices available on our website at cubekitchen.co.za.
- Guests are welcome to leave a further gratuity over and above the menu price.
- Cube accepts all major credit cards, cash and EFT (Electronic Fund Transfers).
- Payment is preferred before the dinner via our online reservation system.
- Forex is accepted in the form of cash and is at the discretion of Management. Forex rates are not pre determined.
Beverages: Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic
- Cube is not licensed to sell alcoholic beverages so we include them in our offering should you prefer this option.
- Wines recommended on the menus on our website at cubekitchen.co.za are indicated as pairings to the meal. These indications are subjective.
- No preference is shown to any particular varietal or wine producer or merchant.
- As Cube is unlicensed guests are required to BYO (Bring your own) if you wish. Alcoholic beverages that can be included over and above the suggestions may extend to wine; beers, spirits, liqueurs or digestifs.
- Cube provides 2 wine glasses, 1 champagne glass and 1 normal drinking glass per guest for their dinner.
- If multiple wines have been brought for the dinner guests may be required to use the same glass twice depending on availability of glasses.
- Cube provides guests with ice buckets, ice and wine openers for their wines.
- As Cube is unlicensed Servers/Waiters are trained with the basics of opening, storing and pouring wines.
- Every endeavor is made to train these Servers/Waiters on the varietals and the pairings but Cube does not guarantee concise pairings of the individual wines guests may bring with.
- There are limited numbers of specialty glasses for drinks like Martini, cognac, shooters etc.
- If guests are bringing these beverages Cube does not guarantee availability of specialty glasses and guests may be required to use standard drinking glasses.
Water and soft drinks
- Cube stocks a full range of mixers and non alcoholic beverages, still and sparkling mineral water available for purchase on the night over and above those included in the menu price.
- Guests are not required to bring these with for the dinner
Tea and coffee
- Tea and coffee is included in the menu price.
- Cube endeavours at all times to treat each guests dining experience as a special occasion.
- If however you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, promotion etc, please let us know in the confirmation email.
- Guests celebrating receive a uniform congratulatory notification at the end of the meal.
- Cube does not provide cakes or party toys or any other props to assist celebrations.
- Should guests wish to bring their own cake, food gift or celebration item, Cube requires prior notification.
Lost and Found
- Cube makes every effort to return wine coolers, carry bags, champagne stoppers, wine openers, glasses or any other item brought in by guests at the end of the evening.
- If guests have left any such items behind, these will be kept in storage for one week for guests to claim.
- Cube does not accept responsibility for any items of value handed over during the night that may be lost, damaged, stolen or misplaced.
- Cube is a non smoking restaurant and does not provide a designated smoking area.
- Guests who smoke are advised to do so outside the restaurant and away from any open doors, windows or external coverings.
- In accordance with Health and Safety, Cube does not allow food to be taken off the premises in the form of left overs, doggy bags or uneaten item.
- Gift packs handed over from Management have been prepared to health and safety regulations.
- Cube accepts all reservations on the premise that we are able to offer guests an overall dining experience, equally and unprejudiced in accordance to our standards.
- If for any unforeseen reason due to power loss, water shortage or any other reason beyond our control, Cube is unable to provide this, Cube reserves the right to cancel reservations and reschedule.
We look forward to hosting your dining experience.